03 4 / 2014
Anonymous asked: Raquel, would you mind throwing down some poetry prompts? :) I'd so appreciate it!
Of course I wouldn’t mind!!! :) I get stuck a lot too, so here’s some prompt sites that I have bookmarked for when I’m like “how else do i make sadness and love into words i’m clean out of ideas”
1. Dragon Writing Prompts, great for the fantasy writers and also complete with excellent writing challenges.
2. Twelve Days Of Writing, to get you back into the groove if you haven’t been writing for a while. If you plan on taking part in National Poetry Writing Month (you can make your NaPoWriMo any month!!), here’s 30 prompts to get you through.
3. Not officially a prompt, but Write or Die is excellent for just keyboardsmashing through writer’s block (try not to actually keyboard smash, just do the writer-version of keyboard smash and blurt out every word that comes through your brain even if it’s “sandwich taco taco taco,”). they have settings for the masochist in you and the peaceful flowerchild too (i’ve never tried the stimulus mode but it looks really nice?). Just make sure you copy-paste your beautiful result because the site will not save your writing!!
4. Mix and Match is a great writing challenge and the list of traits provided here is good for anytime writing too!!
5. The Character Attribute Randomizer is great for fiction/fantasy writers (and artists!!) and/or if you just feel like doing a flash fiction piece.
6. Speaking of flash fiction!! This is a random word and random phrase generator for quick flash fiction prompts (that second link does both!!). Flash fiction is my favorite type of writer’s block intervention!!! For those who don’t know what it is, it’s pretty simple!! just set up a timer (try for about 2 minutes although i’d accept up to 5 depending on your typing speed) and wRITE for those 2 minutes about whatever that word/phrase made come into your head. the best part about flash fiction is that if you have literally NOTHING to write about, you only wasted 2 minutes languishing over that one prompt. i REALLY like getting little writer groups together and just doing flash fiction for like an hour, reading our little stories and poems to each other :) mine get really weird bc who cares if i kill off everyone who cares if the main character is a duck like it’s maybe 200 words. i’ve had friends who hate writing tell me they love flash fiction :)
7. A list of poetry prompts, with links at the bottom for more :)
8. Since you’ve got to have the right mood, here’s where to find rain in the absence of actual precipitation, here is a white noise generator (here is another), and here is where you can find endless classical music (where you can skip/add/loop as many as you’d like!!). While you’re listening, check out this random picture generator and see if you can write about the images that show up!
10. Writing is a Virus automatically generates more writing prompts than I could list, all with the click of a button!! :)
I hope this helped!!! :) good luck my love!!
30 3 / 2014
30 3 / 2014
28 3 / 2014
Going to see Kate Bush in September with elware ^_^
Woooo! Kate Bush!